Saturday, November 6, 2010

Downhill Mountain Biking

Today Ernesto, Herbert, Christian and I went for a practice run for the downhill mountain biking race of next weekend (Copa Erquis, 13-14 November in Tarija, Bolivia) We will be racing in the semi suspension adult class. 
As a Dutchman, I of course have lots of experience riding a bike, but much less with mountain biking, let alone downhill. The track was very challenging and though; lots of loose gravel and sand, sharp corners and deep drops if you miss a corner. I am going to put a bit wider tires on my bike, so I have more traction and thus better handling and braking in corners.

CLICK ON THE PHOTOS TO SEE ORIGINAL SIZE


Lars, Herbert, Ernesto's brother, a young guy who joint us, and Christian

View of the valley towards we were descending

Steep and sharp corners.......


Herbert in rapid descend....

That's me.....

and another shot of me

Herbert in the far center

Herbert, Lars and Christian

Young local talent ;-)
We are all attending this race next weekend

1 comment:

  1. Hey you! It looks like you need to work a bit on that tan ;) Just kidding...
    I would never EVER go downhill on a mountain bike, let alone I would never go uphill either! I salute you for being brave (or just plain daft, I'm not sure).
    By the way, buying myself a camera for the pc today, maybe I even get Skype soon?! All this technical problems is killing me... talk soon love

    ReplyDelete